Wednesday, January 7, 2009

the essentials

hello from London!
I'm so sorry I've been MIA as of late but using the internet has been a bit of a hassle while here in London. I'm at the Bunac office (my work abroad program) now using it for free, but normally I must pay at least £2 per hour at a hostel or internet cafe. Not too cheap. It's late here and I must leave the office soon but I wanted to send out some essential information to everyone while I can.

Address (until I have a flat and even after the fact):
Chanelle Trowbridge
c/o BUNAC
Incoming Programmes
16 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1R 0QH

Mobile (I'm already using British lingo):
If I'm lucky enough to get a call from you in the US first,
dial 011 (international access code)
dial 44 (UK country code)
then my number - 79 6410 8296

If that doesn't work try dialing a 0 before the 79 in my number but I think it will go through.

I'll let you all know once I secure a flat and job. In the meantime, I've been doing a lot of research and spending the majority of my time in the underground. I've definitely used more public transportation in the last 2 weeks than I have in my entire life.

Talk to you all later!

3 comments:

  1. Greetings!

    Hope you are still doing well. I thought I would try to send some pics from our trip to Chicago when we delivered you to the airport. How do I attach photos from My Pictures? Hello to Jess and Will - how do I access your comments? Love 'ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanelle, Great to hear of your arrival and having all the luggage with you. Finding a place to stay gives you a chance to explore the city. Is the London fog anywhere near what it was on that Saturday car trip from Maquoketa to Chicago?
    Just heard today that the Bank of England dropped its interest rates to 1 1/2%, lowest since about 1940's. As a BUMAC participant, get a feel for the economy there.
    Remember to give "Feed the birds; tuppins away" from Mary Poppins. Send photos of statues.
    Take care, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. velcome! i hope you stay there long enough to host me someday. until then, i'll live vicariously through the most fabulous bridge in london!!!!!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete