Thursday, January 15, 2009

the search has ended!

I HAVE A FLAT!

yes, it's true. I moved in just yesterday to my new home here in London. it only took 2 weeks and 2 days but Lord knows it seemed like a lot longer than that before I had a place to call "home"....and had a bit of my privacy back. believe me, living in a space with 2 people vs. 5 other strangers is a blessing.

since the battery in my camera is dead (has been dead for a while) I am stealing pictures from one of my new roommates (Jenn Sweeney) to give you a little visual of what the place looks like. (pictures, finally! I know.)

this is what the place looked like when we first viewed it about 2 days ago:

the main room with our beds and wardrobes. there's also a love seat, two chairs (blue thing in picture) and a table with a stool in this room

we have a backyard! this is very unusual for these types of places so we are very lucky ladies :)

kitchen with all the amenities

I was ready to move in right away


once we did move in, Jenn and I rearranged everything (well...almost everything) in the main room. (the other roommate, Lizzie Clapper, was at work). here's a little glimpse into the chaos that was, and still is, the "moving in process":

hey, hey! welcome to the chaos :)

dancing in our new space!

Jenn, claiming her bed


too much unpacking in one day for me

no need to move the luggage, Lizzie was ready to sleep like this! ha :)
so there you have it. a small glimpse into my new home here in London.
I'll fill you all in on my roommates later, but I must leave in about half an hour to go to an interview....more on that later too!
so much to share, so little time. but don't worry, you will all be clued in very soon.
please pray/cross your fingers/ for me that I get a job soon. one flat down, one job to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment