Thursday, January 15, 2009

the new address

I was so excited to share pictures of my new place that I failed to mention exactly where in london it is. most londoners locate a destination/place within the london area via postcode (similar to an area code) since it is the easiest way get a general idea of where something is located. postcodes are indicated by direction (sw, se, e, w, etc.) and number of section (sw19, se14, e1, w4. you get it). here's a little map of all the postcodes:

I live in postcode nw2, which is in the grey, top-left section of the map (see it?). my full postcode is nw2 3lj. I can not begin to tell you what the 3lj is for but there is it.

according to this map, it does seem like I live way, way out in the boondocks but that is still central London and I am very connected to the bus and tube system from my place. once you've lived here for a little bit, the sheer size and capacity of london truly starts to set in. it's incredible.

the new address:

Chanelle Trowbridge, Flat 3, 1 Ash Grove, London NW2 3LJ

(after each comma you can obviously write a new line. the formatting on this post is simply being weird and creating too much space when I type it like that.)

any and all mail is welcome! looking forward to getting some good things in the mail soon ;)

2 comments:

  1. you were very bad about updating this sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! it's awful. I guess I'm not a blogger at heart, even if I really really want to be.

    ReplyDelete